Buy This Product
The "Stone Age" times were hard indeed. In their roles as hunters, collectors, farmers, and tool makers, our ancestors worked with their legs and backs straining against wooden plows in the stony earth. Of course, progress did not stop with the wooden plow. People always searched for better tools and more productive plants to make their work more effective.
In Stone Age, the players live in this time, just as our ancestors did. They collect wood, break stone and wash their gold from the river. They trade freely, expand their village and so achieve new levels of civilization. With a balance of luck and planning, the players compete for food in this pre-historic time.
Players use up to ten tribe members each in three phases. In the first phase, players place their men in regions of the board that they think will benefit them, including the hunt, the trading center, or the quarry. In the second phase, the starting player activates each of his staffed areas in whatever sequence he chooses, followed in turn by the other players. In the third phase, players must have enough food available to feed their populations, or they face losing resources or points.
- 2012 Speelgoed van het Jaar Winner.
- 2010 Spiel der Herzen, Game of the Year
- 2010 http://www.ludotecaideale.it Ludoteca Ideale 2010
- 2009 JoTa - Family Game Winner (Critics / Audience)
- 2009 JoTa - Graphics and Presentation Winner (Audience)
- 2009 BoardGamer.ru Recommendation.
- 2009 Games 100 Best Family Strategy Game.
- 2008 International Gamers Award Multi-Player Nominee.
- 2008 Spiel des Jahres Nominee.
- 2008 Deutscher Spiele Preis 2nd Place.
- 2008 Hra roku (Czech Republic) Nominee / Recommended.
- 2008 Japan Boardgame Prize 2008 2nd Place.
- Stone Age: The Board Game (iPhone/iPad)
Get more information on VideoGameGeek
- 1 gameboard
- 4 individual player boards
- 58 wooden resources
- 40 wooden people
- 8 wooden markers in 2 sizes
- 53 food tiles
- 28 building tiles
- 18 tool tiles
- 1 start player figure
- 36 civilization cards
- 7 dice
- 1 leather dice cup
- 1 information sheet
- BGID: 34635
- Category: Prehistoric
- Time: 60 minutes
- Designer: Bernd Brunnhofer
- Year: 2008
- Artist: Michael Menzel
- Mechanics: Dice Rolling, Set Collection, Worker Placement
- Ages: 10 and up
- Publisher: 999 Games, Bard Centrum Gier, Devir, Filosofia Édition, Hans im Glück Verlags-GmbH, Kaissa Chess & Games, Korea Boardgames, Lautapelit.fi, MINDOK, Rio Grande Games, Stupor Mundi, Swan Panasia Co., Ltd., Z-Man Games, Zvezda,